Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Cookies

Well, we had Christmas in mind when a friend invited me over to make cookies, but that was two weeks ago, so the cookies are long gone. In memoriam, here are:

Maple Walnut Spice
I got this recipe from Cooking Light, but quickly realized there is nothing "light" about them. I think the only reason they can say that is the recipe makes 30 cookies, which means they would have to be very small, and then are still 98 calories. However, I wolfed them down pretty well. Light schmight.


and





Chocolate Oatmeal Stovetop
Maria made these, but did it before I got there, so I'm not sure what went into them. I think a very pure form of crack was involved. They were so rich and fudgey, it was like eating a brownie (with oatmeal in it). They are "stovetop" because you heat them on the stove and drop onto wax paper to cool; that's it! Nifty.


This is my last post until after Christmas, so have a good one everybody, and see you soon!

1 comment:

Karen M. said...

YUM!!