Thursday, February 18, 2010

Uh-Hmmmmm

There's nothing quite like Cream of Wheat for a cold winter's day. It satisfies your cravings for something hot AND mushy. I love the chef that looks like he's making a bowl special just for me! Apple Cinnamon especially reminds me of childhood when we used to eat it all the time (that and Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal, which, if you were really lucky, would sometimes have a little glob of brown sugar that didn't quite mix in.). Lately, I've been really wanting Cream of Wheat, and today I finally bought some. Well, add it to the list of things that are just not the same as they used to be. They changed the taste, added more spice or something. Actually, yeah, it tastes like maybe nutmeg or perhaps allspice. It's a much stronger flavor than I remember. Maybe kids today need flavors kicked up a notch? Bam? Whatever the reason, I say "Boooooo Mr. Cream O. Wheat!" I liked your mild hint of apples and cinnamon. Just wait till I try the Maple Brown Sugar, we'll see what thats about!

I stole this image.


No comments: