Wednesday, March 03, 2010

It's Happening Again!

And this time, Cablevision is PISSED. We turn on the TV, and it automatically goes to channel 1999, with a disheartening message revealing a fight with ABC. It's exactly the same as the Food Network struggle: as in ABC is asking for an exhorbitant amount of money, and we don't understand what the hell is going on. So up goes this alert message, the difference this time being that Cablevision is totally trash-talking ABC. They are saying ABC just wants more money because their "theme parks are struggling." And something about ESPN being expensive and executives at ABC needing bonuses. "Don't be fooled by slick ABC advertising." And ABC threatened to pull itself from the air if Cablevision doesn't pay up.
They must have seen Food Network fighting and decided they should do the same.


I'm posting this debacle under the label "failure." As in a failure on all parts. I better not miss any Jeopardy. Jerks.

2 comments:

Karen M. said...

You know, with the amount that cable costs these days, you'd think they'd stop bitching. Ridiculous.

The Spiteful Chef said...

I can't tell you how pissed off I get when cable networks pull this crap. Like I'm supposed to give two shits whether or not they're having a corporate dispute? This seems like the less-classy equivalent of tattling, and I loathe it. I'm especially bitter because TimeWarner did this with our NFL network right after we moved here, meaning I missed a goodly number of Broncos games, which are basically the only reason I wake up in fall.