Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Welcome to My Obsession...

I've recently become really really into this show:


I started watching it a few months ago, but it's been on History Channel for a couple seasons now (I think it's the fourth starting soon). This guy Don (Jersey boy!) goes to various cities and explores the underground, finding tunnels, caves, ruins, etc. People will be living and working as usual and underneath them would be some strange old feature, like Hitler's hideout or Roman ruins, or some such thing. Some even have layers of history built up, so the lowest layer of ruins is the oldest, and so on up. There's entire worlds under pretty much every city out there, remarkably preserved, and so much of it has historical significance. Don is REALLY into it, you can tell he's very educated on the locations before he goes, and then has no fear as he find little holes and decides to climb through and check it out. There's also the occasional "!#$@ this just keeps going!"

The last week in particular, I borrowed Season One from the library. Since you only get DVD's for one week, I've been all Cities, all the time. And now I find that there are Seasons Two and Three out there to watch. And full episodes online! Problem is, I have to watch this show with my full attention..it really is that captivating and fascinating.

I may never leave the house again. Except to start digging outside.

2 comments:

ardie said...

Update:
I've finished Season One, including bonus scenes. Now I am sad.

Karen said...

That looks really interesting....I wonder if it's available on Netflix...hmm...