Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's All About the Pie



At least, this post is. To continue our theme week, here is an Apple Cheese Crisp. I got this recipe from the Interwebs some time ago, and just found the site again: dlyn, which is where you can find it. I never make pies; That Guy doesn't enjoy them, so I'd have to eat the whole thing myself. This seemed easy enough for a pie beginner, and it was, as well as really delicious. I made it to bring to a pumpkin carving party! It's a layer of apples, with a layer of cheesecake filling, and a crunchy crumb topping. The whole thing screams "Fall."


As for making it, I do not have any anecdotes, except for this: I was peeling the apples and started to peel the skin off my thumb as well. Fun! On my wishlist: a new peeler. And a knife sharpener, as I can hardly cut through the skin of apples anymore with my good knife.

Mmmmm...look at that crunchy texture!!

No comments: