Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Enlarged to Show Texture

It's time for an explanation of the image at the top of the page. It is a rainbow cake. Thorough (but a little annoying) directions for construction of the cake can be found here.

I made this colorful nugget of fabulous in a bundt pan, and layered the different color batters into it accordingly. It baked up in a sort of horseshoe shape, because the outsides baked first. I didn't think of this or else would have used more blue and less red (I did the opposite). Then I cut off the top to flatten it and turn it out onto the plate. The pic above is pre-turnout. It just looked so pretty! Then it didn't come out of the pan properly and broke in half. Oh well. Frosting the cake was also a bit of a debacle, so there are no pics of that either.

I did get a few rainbow cupcakes out of the leftovers, so heres one pic of those, and a couple good cake ones.  I will try this again someday.  



No comments: