Friday, May 22, 2009

Copycats and Cutters

Last time I visited my mother, she gave me a variety of random-seeming objects: roller skates, dollar bills, mail, cake pans, fleece sweatshirts, and finally: her big tin of cookie cutters she collected for years. Those who have been reading me for a while might remember this post, wherein I sing the praises of my heart-shaped cookie cutter. So I was "tickled to death" as my grandmother would say, to receive this tin of shapes. The following cookies were perfect for playing with them.


As part of my series of copycat recipes, here are Thin Mints. As we all know, Thin Mints are Girl Scout cookies that are chocolate mint-flavored wafers covered in chocolate. I do not know why that needed to be said, because as I clearly just stated, "we all know." Anyway, the version I got from here is pretty good, but next time I would put more chocolate in, and use dark chocolate to coat them (I only had semi-sweet chips). Otherwise, they are a pretty good start.

I decided to keep it simple and use the standard playing card shapes of Diamond, Spade, Club, and Heart. But what's this? I have TWO sizes to choose from??? Gosh. I went with the bigger ones to keep things extra simple.



And one Scottie dog. Isn't he cute?



Here he is without a head. Awwww.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Poor, poor dog. Oh well. You gotta expect to be eaten when you're a delicious cookie.

These look incredible. I LOVE thin mints.

Karen said...

Now I want Thin Mints. Thanks a lot;)