Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cracklin' Good Time

Hi there. Have you met my friend, Cracklin' Oat Bran? He is most delicious. Slightly sweet, with hints of brown sugar and cinnamon. The taste of this cereal has not changed at all since I was a kid, and that can't be said about many cereals.

The apostrophe at the end is a vital part of Cracklin' Oat Bran marketing. It cannot simply Crackle...it has to BE Cracklin'! I must have taken 20 pics of these babies..they are so photogenic. And delicious.

Pictured is my favorite way to eat them too...straight up. See that weight? Seventeen ounces yet its one of the smallest boxes in the cabinet. This stuff is FORTIFYING. If I am really hungry but want cereal, I go for these.





Earlier today I blended them into a blueberry smoothie. They hold up to milk and retain crunch really well, so it was like a crunchy smoothie. Most of the bits settled to the bottom, making it like a bowl of cereal. And they got stuck in the straw. In lieu of an actual photo, here is a photo-realistic representation:

To sum up:
Go get Cracklin' Oat Bran. You'll thank me later.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Cereal ROCKS.

Emily said...

I've never had a Cracklin' Oat Bran! Or maybe I have when I was younger. It sounds so good.

Is it high in fiber?

I'm currently enjoying frosted shredded wheat and Special K with chocolate pieces. I don't like the Special K.

ardie said...

Em- Yeah I think it's prolly high in fiber. Those "special" special K's aren't always good..I have the berry one so we'll see how that is.