Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Birthday Loot

I had the best birthday! After a lazy morning, I opened up my present from That Guy: a shiny new PINK KitchenAid!! (Pink for the Susan G Koman Foundation: "I support boobs.") And a super nice knife from his mom! I cannot wait to cut and mix things*! A friend also gifted me with a set of silicone bakeware, which will be fun to try out...has anyone used these? Do you have to decrease baking time or anything?

Isn't she beau-ti-ful?

Note to everyone: I am GOOD on bakeware and cookware! I'm set, thank you!!

*Not at the same time.

After a brief nap (opening presents is TIRING!), I took two solid hours to get ready for my birthday night out with That Guy (I don't dress up much). He took me to dinner at a nice restaurant I always wanted to try (Risotto Primavera...mmmm!), then to our favorite bar where folks celebrated with us (it's like Cheers over there, really). And I now drink Cosmopolitans, yum!


First order of business with the KitchenAid (I should name her Betty or something): pizza dough. The recipe came from the mixer's book, and it was good.

Second order will be Grandmother's Buckeyes. OMG are they ever good!!

I'm sure you will be seeing much more of Betty in the future, so stay tuned for awesomeness!!

No comments: