Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Year Oreos


Yeah, I know it's not the new year, but these cookies were made and consumed New Years Day, and they were great, so I want to post them. Courtesy of Smitten Kitchen, they are Homemade Oreos. Just like the original, it's a crispy chocolatey wafer cookie with a creme filling. On New Years Day we had a small get-together, and a friend and I made these for everyone. They were pretty fast to make, and they went pretty fast when eaten. I did not have enough confectioners sugar to make the filling properly (faux PAS!) so we used some regular sugar as a poor subsitute. It was a little gooier (gooyer? gooeyer? gooieyer?) than it was supposed to be, but you could tell how it was really close to classic Oreo filling. I will definitely make them again, sometime eventually.

The next cookie on my list is also a copy, so this could be the start of a series of copycat recipes. Keep your bookmarks bookmarked! (Ok that didn't make sense. But I didn't want to repeat "Stay tuned.")

No comments: