Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Dare You...

...To say these cupcakes aren't cute!! I decided to make Carrot Cake Cupcakes and chocolate candy to bring to my brother's for Easter. Today, we investigate the cupcakes (pics after the recipe):

I had two recipes to use for these, but one was too simple (two main ingredients: oil and LOT of sugar), and the other seemed to have too MANY ingredients for what it is. So I struck a balance and made up my own recipe. For the first time, here is the actual recipe I used. I can do this because it's my own now! I'll take the instructions from this site, because they are written up all nicey-nice. (Recipe ©2009, i do things, a subsidiary of ACME Design)

Carrot Cake Cupcakes©2009, i do things, a subsidiary of ACME Design

Dry ingredients:
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Allspice
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
3 cups Grated Carrots

Wet ingredients:
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup White Sugar
4 Eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup Applesauce
1/4 cup Oil
1 tsp Vanilla

©2009, i do things, a subsidiary of ACME Design
  • Sift together all dry ingredients except for the carrots. Add the grated carrots to the dry mix and stir to coat everything evenly. Set aside.
  • Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl. Then add the rest of the wet stuff and whisk until the oil is fully incorporated. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into that. Fold the wet and dry together just until you can no longer see the flour. Remember not to over mix!
  • Pour into greased pans and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. For cupcakes, bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

I had a hard time picking out pics of these, there were a bunch of good ones. That's the candied carrots sitting on top there ;).



©2009, i do things, a subsidiary of ACME Design

Happy Easter!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful